RSS

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Idiot Box at its Idiotic Best

So I've been drowning my sorrows in reality, comedy and lifestyle TV :) In the past 3 days, I've watched the following:
  1. America's Next Top Model: Very interesting show, bitchy as usual. The women are all rather ugly, the slightely pretty ones have no character and there are some really entertaining moments! All of them have issues with everything. Highly recommended!
  2. Ballroom Boot Camp: Its a sweet kinda show, it picks out three women who can't dance and allows them to 'discover themselves' by learning some dance form, which they have to present in the end. There's some nice dancing involved, but there's not too much bitching (which is the best party). See it if you have nothing else to do.
  3. The Fabulous Life: One seriously awesome show! Today's episode was on 'Young, hot Hollywood". The Lindsday Lohan, Paris Hilton, Olsen Twins types. The narrator or whatever he's called is really good with his super sarcy (somtimes overdone) voice. Other awesome episodes include the one on 'Celebrity Wives' and 'Celebrity Relatives'! You must totally watch this at some point :)
  4. Project Runway: Another show that I've grown to love, Heidi Klume is at her dumb best, the designers and their sliming is always fun to watch and some of the designs are actually really good. Another show in this category is Shear Genius about hairstylists, but I haven't seen it for a while.
  5. Great Hotels: I like this show for its host Samamtha Brown. She's warm, humorous and fun and has nice interesting observations about the hotels she stays in. And the hotels are gorgeous of course, the presidential suites are jaw-droppingly awesome and you wish you could stay there. Sigh, may be some day.
  6. Saturday Night Live: its funny in parts though sometimes the humour is very localised (in jokes about American icons and all) and slapstick. They usuallt pick hosts and the entertainment I've seen so far is Christina Aguilera and Kanye West, so I'm not so sure about that...But its good time pass.
  7. Nigella's Feats: of course, I've saved the best for the last. Her recipies vary from interesting and innovative (ice cream cake!) to "oh what a scam" (bread and milk..excuse me!!) to "oh those are a LOT of carbs makin' their way into mah system" (I've lost count of the numbe of these). But some of the most effective camera work I've ever seen, everything looks oh so tasty (not to mention the host herself for most men). My favourite of the lot :)
Another bunch of recommended shows, which I haven't seen in a while though are My Super Sweet Sixteen (this is entertainment at its best!!) and Million Dollar Agents (about a real estate firm that deals with celebrity clients. Its funny cuz of the eccentric owner of the firm).

I think its fitting to end this post with a cool description of Paris Hilton's new chopper:
"So Paris got like this totally awesome chopper, which is like hot pink...and encrusted with swaross-ski crystals! And its so cool cuz its got this really wack video i-Pod attached. AND the top of its petrol tank doubles as a compac mirror!!! Now that's totally hot!!"

No comments: