RSS

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Watching those videos of Thiruda Thiruda today confirmed that my vague childhood memories of a lot of people dancing in front of a palace like structure and a fairly plump woman in a white scandalous (as considered by my family then) top and skirt, were actually about something tangible. I could remember both Veera Pandi Kottayela and Kannum Kannum as songs that I have definitely heard (apart from the electric Chandralekha, which I have heard otherwise also). I am also hooked onto Rasathi. Its tam a cappela! I'm pretty sure I haven't heard this song before; or may be I have and it subconciously influenced my a cappella craze. A really lovely song, one of the best I've heard I think. Its seriously time I went back and watched some of these movies again. Rewatching Baazigar was excellent. I shouldn't let all this great music fade into mere memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how could you forget oruvan oruvan from muthu and all the slap bass from boys ..

Divya said...

Forget?! I don't know of it! Please excuse, I am Tam but my tam music knowledge is very limited.