RSS

Monday, February 18, 2008

Canine Therapy

My blog is getting waaaaay too gloomy. I am feeling as embaressed reading it as I used to while reading my weepy journal of class 9. So now I shall talk about something or rather certain creatures which always manage to cheer me up even when I am in the blackest mood..namely dogs. This post is inspired by a walk I took the other day in a bad-temper. The presence of a few dogs along the way however unfailingly produced a smile on my face and I felt that this phenomenan deserved a mention somewhere.

I have always been pretty crazy about dogs since I was a kid, having tried several times to bring home strays, much to my parent's consternation. Of late, playing with dogs in the hostel has been the closest I have ever come to owning some, and although I have realised that it is a huge responsibility and not just fun and games, I have only grown more determined to have several pets. So what is it about dogs anyway? How is it that all the chocolates, good wishes or apologies in the world don't make me feel as good as when a single dog runs towards me, wagging its tail?

I think it is simply because dogs are just so cute. Actually, make that adorable. Everything they do is just so, well, cute! The way they randomly look around, when they walk or trot, they way their tounge hangs out, the way they scratch, the way they roll on the ground with their legs in the air and try to bite you while playing, the way they follow you looking expectantly for some treat, the way they poke around for things and land themselves in unexpected situations which they struggle to get out of, the way they eat, they way they wag their tails, that complete peace on their face when they sleep, they way they close your eyes when you pet or scratch them...everything they do moves you to smile, you simply cannot be in a bad mood in the presence of a friendly dog, its like his/ her every action is to make you feel better about life!

So here's to the loveliest creation of nature/ God, whichever way you want it (yes they even beat mountains and hot men)...Someday I will own 8 dogs! (4 strays, a Retriver, a Lab (black), a spaniel and a German Shepard)

4 comments:

barty said...

Ah yes, make sure its a cocker spaniel - trust me, despite the long hair, they are by far the best (I would know, I have one). Its good your post is happy, and I hope you're getting happier too... enough with the self-hating already.

If movies cheer you up as they do me, watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", with a bunch of friends - trust me, there is no way you won't enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Aha!! There's the yellow submarine :)

Bhavya said...

German Shephard!!!!! Woohoo!!

Divya said...

I've been dying to watch Monty Python! Will get hold of it someday..