RSS

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Comments please?

Since no one has commented on my blog for like......ever, and also because I'm jobless, I conducted a general survey of the number of comments on my blog for posts classified into various broad categories. The following are my finding:



Emotional/ depressed/ whiny/ introspective posts
- 19
Music related - 4
Fiction and poetry (not my own) - 8
Humour/ Weird Theories/ Coolness Quotient Tags - 16
Travel and places - 9
Serious Theories/ y - 13
Opinions - 3
Sports - 6


From this I concluded that people are most likely to comment when they get a real insight into your nature, whether you convey it through whiny posts or through quirky opinions about subjects that are more philosophical and 'inward looking' such as relationships, weight loss or whatever. While music, travel, sports and fiction constitute opinions which I feel are equally if not more reflective of your interests and personality, I think humans are just looking for some sign of vulnerability or a true 'slice of yourself', not couched in an opinion about some third party subject to understand you. That's why I guess when you get to know someone also, you try to 'look deep' and 'soul search'. The ultimate conclusion of this is that most people are invariably looking to 'reach out' and convey it through all or most of their actions. Its such a pretty little theory :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly wonderful insight into what people tend to be most expressive about.

I can't remember - how many of those music related posts were mine?

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I misspelled my "name".