RSS

Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Super Power Ring

This is Anwesha's (my roommate) ring for aesthetic purposes but it is my Super Power ring. I've always thought rings are the best piece of jewelery after earrings. May be its because I'm an LOTR fan. I also used to wear a lot of rings in my first year in college (I confess that had nothing to do with LOTR, I thought it was cool). So as one would think, I was pretty blown away by this ring. Now to go on to describe its Super Powers:
  1. The central red stone is my Highly Destructive Laser which gets activated when I am really angry and provoked beyond reason. Believe me, its power will shock you..it will be the last thing you see!!
  2. The two other red stones on the side and the Supplementary Lasers which are used for cutting through things with pin-point precision. Perfect for making a clean job of things.
  3. The white stone is my Freezing Ray. It sends a blast of super-cold air that freezes anything in its wake. Good for stopping Enemies in their tracks.
  4. The yellow stone is the Fireball Shooter. It emits powerful fireballs (like duh). The most destructive weapon after the Central Lazer. Takes more Anger to activate this also.
  5. The deep blue stone is my Water Gun. It shoots out jets of water which no mortal can face, it can flood at 50 story building in a minute. Such is its Power.
  6. The two purple stones shoot out Electrically Charged Crystals. They have the same penetrating effect as bullets and have the added advantage of being extremely effective underwater, if I ever end up there.
Thus, with this ring, I am All-Powerful! I have every element at my disposal, I can conquer the world!!

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

I am an absolute kid at heart, I plead guilty. But then, what is life without small childish pleasures? They make life much more interesting and enriching!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I absolutely agree with the note about childish pleasures, you should see my friends and me have at it. What with upside-down-hanger lasers and the obvious stick-to-light-saber fights. Why, everything becomes a weapon in our hands. Hah, its really funny how as soon as someone else shows up we pretend to be hanging clothes or doing laundry, and as soon as they are out of the room, its "swoosh, biff, ka-pow!" again. And of course all this to protect my room-mates annoying duckie (stuffed animal) from the wrath of the G-Man.

Just as a measure of mental age we are in college - 3rd year engineers.

Divya said...

Wow, thats quite imaginative! The only things we've ever done in terms of physical combat (for lack of a better phrase) are pillow fights. And these don't have any interesting stories behind them. But I often like to sit back and watch cartoons, play with these shady toy cars and false teeth I have which my cousins gifted me or construct elaborate guns out of pens and mechanical pencils in boring classes. I don't think its possible for me to ever grow up completely :)

Ashi said...

that freeze ray was my idea

Divya said...

oki sweetie..shall footnote it to you

Anonymous said...

Oh absolutely, I agree with that too - and like yourself, I find myself craving Tom and Jerry more often than other shows, and so I found every episode online (all 10 seasons :D). I also watch Dexter's Lab and play mario on the computer. Its way more fun being a kid than an adult, but then the grass is always greener on the other side.

Divya said...

fun coupled with this innocence and wonder that you miss in adult life. i think its not all the great to become too wise also, it invariably brings in skepticism and cynicism. maintaining that fresh outlook on life is what i'm talking about.