RSS

Monday, December 17, 2007

My Eloquence or Lack Thereoff

After reading this blog, one would think I had a pretty decent command over the English language (I ought to, its the only language I know). I possess a fairly good vocabulary. I may not be able to convey the real sense of a location (the way du Maurier or Tolkein manage) or express my feelings in a completely transparent and wholly accurate manner. Surely there might be glaring ambiguities and gaping holes in my entries. But I do get the meaning across somewhat. All my 'eloquence' however disappears (and I mean disappears, vanishes..poof!) when it comes to writing projects. I don't know what it is about them that stumps me, may be it is because I'm writing about subjects not close to my heart. Nevertheless, the complete and vast void that my brain becomes during project submission time could probably house several elephants and a brontosaurus as an added bonus! I look at a project topic and immediately my knowledge of the English language, being an independent entity, decides to limit itself to the bare minimum. I always wish that I could be like Humpty Dumpty in Through the Looking Glass and just assign meanings to words as I feel like. Or write my projects in 'nadsat' slang (the case deals with a malchick who with his droogs finished off some starry old ptisa, my Brother). Or Tam slang for that matter (the judge cannot chumma make a decision).

The result of this is that: 'thus' and 'hence' are used nearly 100 times, the project always seems to be 'examining' or 'looking at' something (verbs, what are they?), 'however' starts every other sentence (really, it has synonyms?), 'primarily' is the only real adjective used and every other judgement is 'landmark'. And this is just the tip of the ice-berg. Anyone who reads my projects will probably want to sit me down to a good grammar/ language session. And this reasonably articulate post has been made while I'm struggling with my CPC project (the projects seeks to examine...no no, I've used that...err...look into, no wait...ummmm...establish? But thats a different meaning altogether..sigh..I have a headache).

Oh well, I think I'll just propitiate myself by writing palaverous and periphrastic blog entries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Been going through your blog and I must say, I have not come across anyone so self absorbed.